Stella Matutina Care Home
Everyone ages. It is an inherent property of life. As our bodies and minds develop over time, we adapt to these changes by modifying our decisions and actions. The later years of life can be especially challenging, but Stella Matutina Care Home is here to help. At Stella Matutina Care Home, we listen to the needs of our residents in order to understand their limitations and discuss potential solutions. We work with our community members to customise options that will help them lead the lives they want.
Stella Matutina Care Home is situated on the seaward side of Clifton Drive approximately 200 meters south of the White Church at Fairhaven and some 500 meters north of Lytham Square.
The extensive south - west facing grounds over look the constantly changing vista of the Ribble estuary, to Southport and beyond.
This one time substantial gentlemen's residence has been since 1934 in the ownership of The Sisters of Charity of Jesus and Mary, a charity founded in Belgium in 1803, and who now provide caring services in several countries throughout the world. It is this link with the Sisters that gives Stella Matutina Care Home its unique atmosphere of caring, calm, respect and dignity. In recent years the property has benefited from a major refurbishment and offers very high standards of accommodation and facilities, combined with a truly caring approach in a homely and relaxed atmosphere
Stella Matutina Care Home is situated on the shore line of the Ribble Estuary within extensive landscaped grounds to the front and rear of the property.
The gardens offer a quiet retreat to relax or take a short stroll while enjoying the fresh sea air. There’s a large lawned area to the shore side of the building with various seating areas. To the front of the property there’s a secluded garden with lawn and borders where residents can relax in the sunshine and enjoy the many plants and flowers.
The Flyde Coast
The Fylde is a coastal plain in western Lancashire, England. It is roughly a 13-mile square-shaped peninsula, bounded by Morecambe Bay to the north, the Ribble estuary to the south, the Irish Sea to the west, and the Bowland hills to the east.
It is a flat, alluvial plain; parts were once dug for peat, and it is the western part of an area formerly known as Amounderness.
The west coast is almost entirely urban, containing the towns of Fleetwood, Cleveleys, Blackpool and Lytham St Annes, with Thornton, Carleton and Poulton-le-Fylde not far inland. This area forms the Blackpool Urban Area. The central southern part of the Fylde includes the smaller towns of Kirkham and Wesham. The rest of the Fylde is rural, containing villages that include Freckleton, Warton, Wrea Green, Great Eccleston, Hambleton, Knott End and Pilling.
The River Wyre meanders across the Fylde from Garstang on the eastern edge, westwards towards Poulton and then northwards to the sea at Fleetwood. The area north and east of the tidal Wyre, known as Over Wyre, is the more rural side of the river.
Lytham St Annes
Lytham St Annes is internationally renowned for golf and has four courses and links, the most notable being the Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club, one of the host courses for the Open Championship, also known as the “British Open”, which has been a competition course since first hosting the Open in 1926. Approximately once every ten years, the coming of The Open—a major sporting event—brings a major influx of visitors, including the world’s media, into a fairly peaceful community. Other significant local events include the annual St Annes Carnival and Lytham Club Day, both of which include a procession of decorated floats, the crowning of a carnival queen and a funfair.
Like similar seaside resorts, St Annes in particular is a popular place to retire to, which has resulted in the average age of the population being higher than the national average. There are a considerable number of nursing and retirement homes, many located in former large family homes along Clifton Drive, one of the main roads linking Lytham and St Annes. Many other large Victorian and Edwardian residences have been converted to apartments.